- Controllers of Personal Information
- What Personal Information About Customers Does PetRunway.co.uk Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does PetRunway.co.uk Share the Information it Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Are Children Allowed to Use PetRunway.co.uk?
- Notices and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by PetRunway.co.uk is controlled by Pet Runway (the data controllers), Base Point, Oakfield Close, Tewkesbury Business Park, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8SD acts as data processor on behalf of the data controllers.
What Personal Information About Customers Does PetRunway.co.uk Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at PetRunway.co.uk. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses PetRunway.co.uk or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of PetRunway.co.uk on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from PetRunway.co.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences
What About Cookies?
Does PetRunway.co.uk share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. PetRunway.co.uk shares customer information only as described below and with PetRunway.co.uk. and the subsidiaries which PetRunway.co.uk, controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of PetRunway.co.uk customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that PetRunway.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PetRunway.co.uk and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of PetRunway.co.uk, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Are Children Allowed to Use Pet Runway?
PetRunway.co.uk does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use PetRunway.co.uk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at PetRunway.co.uk, please e-mail us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use and Sale will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through PetRunway.co.uk or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services; compile Wish Lists; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary, Alexa Internet; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-Branded and Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products and services.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at PetRunway.co.uk include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book); payment settings (including credit-card information and gift certificate, gift card and cheque balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters); recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists, Seller accounts and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).